£3,355 including disbursements allowance
Part of our Inclusive Plan Range, the ‘Pearl’ is ideal for those who want a relatively simple funeral, but one that gives loved ones the reassurance of a traditional, dignified, ceremony, with no compromise on the expected levels of care and attention.
The plan includes a £1,200 allowance to contribute towards disbursements/3rd party fees*. These are the cremation fee (or interment fee, if burial), the doctor’s fee, and minister’s/celebrant’s fee for the service at the crematorium (or at the graveside, if burial). It also guarantees that no matter how long you live, there will never be anything further for your loved ones to pay towards the funeral director’s fees and services listed below:
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- A simple, veneered, coffin with nameplate
- A funeral hearse, plus bearers
- 24 hour collection of deceased, and transfer to funeral home/chapel of rest (within 20 miles**)
- Organising the service at the crematorium/cemetery
- Family support and guidance provided by the funeral director
- Funeral procession from home/funeral home to crematorium/cemetery
- Time of funeral agreed mutually between funeral director and family
- Visits to Chapel of Rest during office hours only
What is included in the ‘Pearl’, that isn’t included in ‘Your Simplest’ Plan option?
- £1,200 disbursements/3rd party fees allowance (as opposed to the £800 provided with the ‘Your Simplest’ option)
- Viewing of the deceased at the Chapel of Rest permitted
- On the journey from the Chapel of Rest to the funeral service, the funeral procession can, if required,
collect loved ones from home
- Crematorium to be the nearest available, and can be agreed between the Funeral Director and family/deceased’s representatives (as opposed to being any crematorium within a 30 mile radius and determined solely by the funeral director
Plans paid over 3, 5 and 10 years are subject to a flat 4% Instalment Handling Charge, calculated annually. The above figures are calculated on the basis you pay a £250 deposit.
* If, at the time of your funeral, the £1200 disbursements allowance (+RPI uplift) is insufficient to cover the actual cost of the cremation fee, doctor’s fee and minister’s/celebrant’s fee for the service at the crematorium, then your representatives will be required to pay any shortfall.
** Additional mileage, if applicable, will be charged at the funeral director’s prevailing rate at the time of death.
*** Customers are not permitted to nominate funeral director’s that are owned by Dignity Plc at the current time.